More information and sermon downloads available at cfgadsden.com.
Or subscribe to the feed here.
The Story of 3 Sons (Part 1: From Shame to Honor) (Luke 15:11-24)
Dr. Deric Thomas
 And he said, “There was a man who had two sons.  And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the share of property that is coming to me.’ And he divided his property between them.  Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took a journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in reckless living.  And when he had spent everything, a severe famine arose in that country, and he began to be in need.  So he went and hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs.  And he was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything.  “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger!  I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you.  I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.”‘  And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him.  And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’  But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet.  And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate.  For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.’ And they began to celebrate.
*When the lost and rebellious son came home the father was waiting for him with __________________ in his heart.
1. Do you want God, or just the things He has made?
2. You can never go so far away from God that you are beyond the reach of His grace.
3. If You live for yourself you will eventually loose everything.
4. Other people will never be able to give you all you truly need.
5. Living a life of sin and selfishness will eventually bring you great shame, guilt, and sorrow.
6. Do you recognize your need for God, have you turned from sin and self to come home to Him as Father, and have you told Him all you have done wrong?
7. God delights in showing compassion to people, and blessing them with abundant and lavish gifts.
8. God takes our shame and gives us His honor.
9. God is a holy, happy, and loving being, and we, as beings He has made, find our happiness, holiness, and true love in Him alone.
 …the fleeting pleasures of sin. [Heb 11:25 ESV]